If you're thinking about becoming an IECRWA member or are already a member, this page should help make your life a little easier.
How do I . . .
Q. Become a member of IECRWA?
A. Visitors are always welcome at our monthly meetings, but it is requested that after attending two meetings you follow the appropriate procedures to become an IECRWA member.
To join our chapter you must first be a member of our national organization, Romance Writers of America. Click on their name to explore the organization, the benefits of membership and the many chapters and events.
After you join RWA and receive your membership number, you may join our chapter and other RWA chapters. Visit our Join Us! section for more information and online and hardcopy application forms. The yearly fee is $25.
Benefits of IECRWA membership include:
- Attendance at monthly chapter meetings where you may network with fellow writers and romance authors. You may even want to share your talents by serving as an IECRWA officer.
- You are entitled to borrow from our extensive tape library and writers bookshelf. Ask for a list of materials from the Chapter Librarian.
- You may attend our annual chapter writers retreat. Cost and location are listed under the Events section.
- Our informative online newsletter and discussion groups are for members only.
- Recognition and celebration of your publishing efforts. You may be eligible to join either the national PRO program or the Published Authors' Network (PAN).
- You may want to create your own writers craft notebook. Helpful writing tips and information sheets are available to members.
Q. Find out where the meetings are held?
A. If you have not already been to a meeting, email our Welcomer for meeting location and other information. For a list of upcoming meetings and location information, please visit our Meetings & Events page.
Q. Renew my IECRWA membership?
A. Make your payment, before April 1, for $25 payable to IECRWA to the treasurer
- By mail
- In person at a meeting
- By PayPal through the button below.
Q. Find something on the chapter web pages?
A. Refer to the navigation links on the right side or the bottom of the page.
Q.What online benefits are there?
A. In addition to our chapter website, there is a lively discussion group. As an IECRWA online member you have access to all current and archived news and info including our chapter minutes and newsletter. Contact our Yahoo Loop administrator to be added to the list.
You can also join our online writers/critique group at Writers Haven.
Q. Apply for my RWA PRO Pin?
A. "This completely voluntary program is designed to honor that first major accomplishment of a member's romance writing career: a completed romance manuscript and submission to a publisher or agent. Without this vital step, publication is impossible." Our national organization, Romance Writers of America® has more information.
Along with RWA, we would love to help recognize your achievement at the chapter level as well. We have several programs in place to do this.